I love making bread machine recipes. It is one of the simplest way to make fresh bread at home without any hassles of kneading and resting the dough. Here is simple wheat-free rye bread recipe bread machine that you must try for breakfast next time.
– 1 cup + 3 tablespoons water
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons vinegar
– 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
– 1 1/2 tablespoons basil
– 1/2 cup oat flour
– 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
– 2 cups rye flour
– 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
– 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
– 1 teaspoon salt
– For any type of bread in the bread machine it is important for the bread pan to be clean and dry.
– The kneading blade should be clean.
– Add water to the pan.
– Add olive oil and vinegar over it.
– Add flaxseeds and basil.
– Add gluten.
– Add the flours to the bread pan in such a way that it seals the liquid in. This will prevent the yeast from coming in contact with the liquid and delay activation.
– Add the yeast in last and add salt.
– Cover the bread pan with the provided lid.
– Set the bread machine to run on the shortest cycle.
– Once the bread is done, remove and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
– Remove from the pan and cut in slices to serve.
– If you don’t have oat flour you can simply make it at home by grinding rolled oats in a mixer.
– If you think that the crust of the bread is soft then simply place it in the center of an oven and bake at 350F for 10 minutes for a crusty loaf.
– Thump the loaf and if it sounds hollow then the bread is done and is ready to eat.
– You can toast the bread in the oven like regular toast and enjoy with marmalade or jam.
Here is an interesting chives Swiss spread recipe that goes perfectly with this bread.
– 300 grams cream cheese
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
– Mix cream cheese and milk until well blended.
– Stir in the grated cheese and fresh chives.
– Serve the spread with plain or toasted bread.
You can store this spread in the refrigerator for a few days.
You can also add various flavors in the bread such as nutmeg, garlic, oregano or fennel.
Rye bread is a little dense but tastes wonderful to eat.