Rye contains a higher amount of fiber than other flours and is often used in place of wheat and refined flour. Since it has only small amounts of fat, it does not cause high spikes in blood sugar. Rye bread machine recipes are easy to make and denser than wheat bread. You can easily make this rye bread recipe bread machine by following the given recipe.
– 1 1/3 cups warm water
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons canola oil
– 2 cups bread flour
– 1 cup rye flour
– 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
– 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
– 2 teaspoons dried yeast
– Read the instruction booklet that came with your bread machine thoroughly before adding ingredients.
– While all the ingredients get mixed in the machine, the following order is recommended:
– Clean out the bread pan and dry it.
– Pour the water in the bread pan.
– Add the salt, vinegar and canola oil.
– Gently add the bread flour, rye flour, caraway seeds, cocoa powder, dried onion flakes and vital wheat gluten.
– Sprinkle the dried yeast in last. Do not mix the ingredients by hand otherwise the yeast will start rising and your bread will spoil.
– Close the lid of the bread pan.
– Set the machine on the white bread cycle for a 2 pound loaf and let it run the full cycle.
– Once the time is up, remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack before cutting in slices.
Points to keep in mind:
– Do not use cold liquids. All liquids should be at room temperature.
– Always use fresh bread machine yeast.
– Pouring in the liquids first prevents them from spattering on the sides.
– The bread can be stored in the refrigerator for days.
– Serve with warm butter or you can cut it in thin slices to use for sandwiches.
– This bread makes a great snack too. You can cut it in fingers and toast to serve with a dip.
If you have some leftover rye bread, then you can make some croutons. Here is the recipe:
– 3 slices rye bread
– 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 clove garlic
– Cut the rye bread in cubes.
– Crush the garlic clove.
– In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the bread cubes and garlic to it.
– Sauté for a few minutes until the bread is brown on both sides.
– Remove from the heat and remove the garlic.
– Heat the bread in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes.
– Serve with salads and soups.