I’m going to stray a bit from my usual bread recipes which teach you how to bake bread. This time around, I’ll be sharing a delicious Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe in such a way that it will be ready to share almost immediately.
- 1 medium sized loaf of French bread
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 550°F. Some ovens don’t heat up to this temperate, in this case just set it to as hot as it goes. A very hot temperature is the trick to having a soft inside with a crunchy outside.
- Cut your bread in half, and then in half again via the other direction, leaving you with four equal pieces.
- Spread the butter evenly across each piece of bread.
- Microwave the bread for about 15 seconds to melt the butter.
- Spread your cheese across the bread.
- Now, sprinkle the garlic powder and herbs on top of the cheese.
- Place the bread in the oven once it’s preheated. It will only take about 8-12 minutes depending on the temperature of your oven. Keep an eye on it! Once the cheese is completely melted and started to bubble around the edges, you’re all done.
It’s that simple! This makes a great addition to many pasta and salad dishes, or a delicious snack all on it’s own. You can prepare this garlic cheese bread recipe quite quickly, and customize it to suit almost anyone’s taste!