This garlic cheese bread recipe is not only simple but a wonderfully delicious snack that is loved by all especially when it’s time for the movies at home.
It works very well as a side dish with Italian, Mexican, Asian and Mediterranean cuisines. Here is a simple garlic cheese bread recipe that you can prepare at home. Read on and enjoy this tasty garlic cheese bread recipe anytime you want.
- Wheat flour- 3 cups
- Refined flour- 1 cup
- Yeast- 1/1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Butter- 3 tablespoon
- Salt-1 tablespoon
- Milk- 1 ½ cup
- Garlic cloves- 25-30 chopped (you can adjust the quantity depending on your taste)
- Chopped green chili– ½ cup
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 cup
- Grated cheese – 2 cup (adjust the quantity according to your taste).
- Mix yeast with 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add sugar to the mix and let it rest for 10 minutes
- Once the yeast gets frothy, it is ready to use.
- In the meantime, put the garlic cloves, green chili and coriander leaves in a blender and make a paste.
- To prepare the dough melt the butter in the microwave.
- Sieve the flours together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and put the melted butter as well as the rest of the milk.
- Mix with the flour lightly until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Now slowly add the frothy yeast mix to the flour and knead the dough.
- Knead well for at least 15 minutes. The dough will be a soft, smooth and sticky mix.
- Do not add more flour otherwise the bread will be hard.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 30-40 minutes in a cool place.
- Knead again for 10 minutes and add the blended garlic mix.
- Also add the grated cheese.
- Grease a deep box shaped baking dish and put the dough in the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 30 minutes.
- Once the top is a nice light brown color, your bread is ready.
- Let it cool slightly before you cut the bread.
Things to keep in mind when preparing garlic cheese bread recipe:
- Always use fresh yeast
- You can add any amount of herbs you want
- The bread can be baked in interesting shapes. However, decrease the baking time to 20 minutes if you are making small portions of the dough.
- Add the cheese and garlic mix at the very end.
- You can also add dry nuts to the mix for a different kind of taste.