Given below is a mouth-watering, simple and easy to prepare quick banana bread recipe that will make you a star at your next tea party. This banana bread recipe uses oatmeal, which adds extra crunch to the moistness of the banana bread and makes it more delicious. The recipe takes about an hour to make and can be stored for up to two weeks.
On your shopping list:
- 250 grams of oats (crushed or full is your choice)
- 175 grams of all-purpose flour
- 125 grams of brown sugar
- 7 grams of powdered cinnamon
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 5 grams of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 375 grams of mashed bananas (use very ripe bananas)
- 5 ml of vanilla essence
- 200 grams of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180C while you prepare the ingredients.
- Grease a 9×5 inch bread loaf pan and sprinkle some flour on the insides.
- In a mixing bowl, break the egg and add the sugar to it.
- Use an electric blender to mix the egg and sugar. Aim for a light fluffy mixture, which is almost double the size.
- Now add the oil to this mix and blend using an electric blender until the mix emulsifies.
- Add the mashed bananas and blend well.
- Add the vanilla essence to the mix.
- In a clean, dry bowl, mix the dry ingredients such as the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet mix, one spoon at a time, and blend well between each addition.
- Now add the oats.
- Roll the raisins in some flour, add to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the greased baking pan and sprinkle some more oats over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes. The banana bread should be springy to touch at the end.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool on a wire rack before cutting in slices to serve.
- On a warm afternoon, serve this banana bread with butter and marmalade and a cup of espresso and sit back to enjoy the delicious bread.
- To serve the banana bread as a dessert, use some fresh whipped cream and warm chocolate sauce on the side.
- Some prepared coffee can be added to the batter to make the bread moister and add a delicious coffee flavor.