A microwave is a great friend when you are in a hurry and do not have the time to stand in front of the stove. Using a microwave cuts down the cooking time and effort greatly and you do not have to use as much oil. I especially love the desserts such as bread pudding recipe that I can make in the microwave as it cuts down the waiting time a great deal. Here is my favorite microwave bread and butter pudding recipe easy and tasty.
– 2 bread slices (use day-old bread)
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons muesli
– 1/4 cup nuts (cut in small pieces)
– 1 cup full cream milk
– 1 cup cream
– 4 tablespoons corn flour
– 5 tablespoons sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 2 tablespoons dried raisins
– Butter the bread slices on both sides.
– Cut the slices diagonally to get 4 small triangles (you can cut in large cubes but triangles are more traditional).
– Grease a 7x7x5 inch glass microwave dish.
– Line the bread slices on the bottom of the dish.
– Sprinkle the nuts on the top of the bread.
– Sprinkle muesli on the top.
– In a separate bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of milk, sugar, vanilla, cream and dried raisins.
– Once the sugar is mixed, let the mix sit for 2 minutes.
– Mix the rest of the milk (1/4 cup) with the corn flour in another bowl.
– Pour the corn flour mix in the cream-sugar mix and whisk well to get an even custard mix.
– Gently pour the custard in the microwave dish from the side. Don’t pour on the top of the bread.
– Sprinkle the brown sugar on the top.
– Let the dish sit for 5 minutes.
– Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
– Let the pudding sit for 10-15 minutes, serve warm.
Note: If you are going to use more slices of bread then increase the microwave time (8 minutes for 4 thick slices).
– Melt 85 grams of cooking chocolate in the microwave. Spread the melted chocolate over the sliced bread before adding the muesli and you can enjoy the delicious chocolate taste.
– Add some cinnamon to the custard for more flavors.
– Experiment with different kinds of breads such as brioche bread, crusty bread croissant etc.
– Serve the bread with whipped cream and cherries on the top for an exotic look.
– There are no eggs in the recipe and therefore it can be easily served to vegetarian guests.