If you want to have an everlasting love for chocolate and want to turn it into a delicious dessert in no time at all, then here is a simple and delicious white chocolate bread pudding recipe with white chocolate ganache that you can make at home and serve warm or cold. It is a classic bread pudding recipe and you cannot go wrong with it.
– 6 cups heavy whipping cream
– 2 cups milk (use full cream milk)
– 1 cup white sugar
– 2 1/2 cups white chocolate (cut in pieces or grated)
– 4 eggs
– 15 egg yolks
– 24-inch french loaf bread (a day or two old)
– 1 teaspoon grated cinnamon
– Cut the bread in small cubes or triangles and remove the sides.
– Preheat the oven to 275F.
– Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake them for about 15 minutes until lightly toasted.
– Remove and let cool.
– In the meantime, increase the oven temperature to 350F.
– In a large saucepan, take the cream, milk, sugar and grated cinnamon. Heat on medium heat and bring to boil then let it simmer for 2 minutes.
– Remove from heat and add the grated white chocolate to the hot mix.
– Let the chocolate dissolve completely and stir until you get a smooth pudding. Set aside.
– In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together.
– Pour the hot chocolate mix in the egg mix in a steady stream and keep mixing continuously. Your pudding for the bread is ready to use.
– Take a 9×12 inch glass bowl and grease the insides with a little butter.
– Arrange half of the bread cubes at the bottom of the bowl and pour half of the chocolate-egg mix on top of it.
– Press the bread cubes lightly using your fingertips or a spatula to let the bread cubes soak the pudding.
– Line the rest of the bread cubes on the top and pour the remaining pudding over them.
– Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about an hour.
– Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes to let the top get golden brown.
For the Chocolate Ganache
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1 cup white chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup grated dark chocolate
– Bring the cream to the boil in a pan.
– Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips. Keep stirring until smooth.
– Remove the bread pudding from the oven and serve topped with chocolate ganache and grated dark chocolate.