Bread is one of the most popular food items in the world. Every corner of the globe has its own recipe for bread. Baking bakery-like bread at home has become quite easy with the use of a bread machine. You can use different types of flours, nuts, herbs and even meat to prepare delicious and fresh bread machine recipes at home without any fuss. Given below are two healthy and nutritious easy bread machine recipes.
(i) Herb and Onion Bread
What you will need:
– Finely chopped onion – 1/3 cup
– Minced garlic clove – 1
– Butter – 2 tablespoons
– Warm water – 1 cup
– Mixed herbs (oregano, thyme and basil) – 1 teaspoon
– All-purpose flour – 2 cups
– White sugar – 2 teaspoons
– Salt – 1 teaspoon
– Active dry yeast – 3/4 teaspoon
– In a bowl, mix the flour, mixed herbs and salt, and set aside.
– In a saucepan, heat the butter and sauté the chopped onion and garlic clove in it until translucent. Set aside to cool.
– In a small bowl, mix the yeast, warm water and sugar. Stir to dissolve completely and let it rest for 10 minutes.
– Pour the yeast mix in the clean bread pan of the bread machine.
– Add the flour mix on top of the yeast mix.
– You do not have to stir or mix anything as the machine will do the rest of the job.
– Set the machine settings to white bread and normal crust.
– Once the cycle is complete, take the bread out and let it cool on a wire rack before cutting in slices to serve.
(ii) Oat Wheat Flour Bread
What you will need:
– Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cups
– Oat flour – 1/2 cup
– All-purpose flour – 1 cup
– Active dry yeast – 2 1/2 teaspoons
– Warm water or milk – 1 cup
– White sugar – 2 tablespoons
– Butter (at room temperature) – 2 tablespoons
– Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
– In a bowl, mix the wheat flour, oat flour and all-purpose flour.
– Mix the yeast with the warm milk and sugar. Stir to dissolve completely. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
– Pour the yeast mix in the bread pan of the bread machine.
– Put the flour mixture on top of the yeast mixture and add the butter and salt on the sides. Put the lid on the bread pan.
– Set the machine to run on white bread cycle with normal crust.
– Once the bread is done, cool on a wire rack for some time before cutting in slices.